The Xbox team unveiled a slew of announcements Tuesday at gamescom – the world’s biggest gaming show – showcasing why Xbox One will be the premier next-generation console choice for gamers. Gamescom is held in Cologne, Germany.
The announcements encompassed everything from new content for highly anticipated game titles such as EA Sports “FIFA 14” to a new co-op mode for “Call of Duty: Ghosts” to details on a new program for indie game developers called ID@Xbox, which enables game developers large and small to build, publish and sell their games digitally on Xbox One.
Here are a few more tantalizing tidbits and details of news announced at the Xbox Showcase event at gamescom on Tuesday:
· Share the pitch with some of football’s (or, as we say in America, soccer) greatest modern legends, only in “FIFA 14 Ultimate Team” and only on Xbox! Fans will be able to play alongside such legends as Freddie Ljungberg and Ruud Gullit. Even better, it was also announced that all preordered Xbox One Day One consoles in Europe will ship with a digital version of the blockbuster game!
· There’s no match for the “Call of Duty: Ghosts” experience on Xbox One with a new co-op mode and multiplayer features and downloadable content exclusive to Xbox One. The Xbox team also announced that “Call of Duty: Ghosts” on Xbox One will use Xbox Live Cloud hosting to provide dedicated servers for multiplayer matches.
· The ID@Xbox program will give game developers the same benefits existing Xbox developers get today, including the full power of the new console, cloud services, the Kinect and Xbox Live toolset as well as a global support team, forums and local events to encourage creativity and help developers get their games published on Xbox One quickly and easily.
That’s not all – not even close. For more detail on all these announcements and more, don’t miss this post over on Xbox Wire.
You might also be interested in:
· Xbox Wire interviews Ubisoft’s “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag” Creative Director Jean Guesdon
· Xbox One delivers the best games – here’s the announced lineup, with more to come
· “Halo: Spartan Assault” now available in U.S. for all Windows Phone 8 users
Posted by Jeff Meisner
Editor, The Official Microsoft Blog