The Governance and Nominating Committee of Microsoft’s board of directors on Thursday published its annual letter to shareholders. The letter provides an update on corporate governance developments over the past year.
Throughout this exciting time for Microsoft, we remain firmly committed to upholding a strong governance framework that advances the long-term interests of our company and its shareholders. I believe the past year’s developments illustrate that commitment.
In the letter, the Committee discusses:
- Satya Nadella’s appointment as CEO
- Changes to board leadership and composition
- Our commitment to shareholder engagement
- Fiscal year 2014 performance
- Our approach to executive compensation
- Our corporate citizenship efforts
For additional information about corporate governance at Microsoft, please visit the company’s Investor Relations site. I also invite you to follow us on Twitter to keep up with the latest news from the Corporate Governance team.