Did you get a new computer or gaming system for the holidays and you want to get rid of your old one? Make sure you clear all the old files from your old PC before you recycle it. That way, if it falls into the wrong hands, a criminal won’t be able to access your personal information. If you want to transfer some of your old files, you can use Windows Easy Transfer.
Make sure you remove:
- Email contacts and messages
- Your documents
- Your computer’s recycle bin or trash folder
- Your Internet browser’s cache, cookies, and history
Get more information about what to do with your old PC
- 11 ways to recycle an old PC
- Microsoft Refurbisher Program
- Environmental Protection Agency: Where Can I Donate or Recycle My Old Computer and Other Electronic Products?