On Monday, Tim Rains was featured on TechNet Radio in which he discussed “The Risk of Running Windows XP After Support Ends” with Blain Barton, Senior Technical Evangelist at Microsoft. This is a recommended video for any IT Professionals currently using Windows XP today in their environment. Questions covered in the discussion include:
- [3:44] What are the kind of security risks folks may face as support of XP ends?
- [4:48] How does Microsoft protect its customers from security threats?
- [6:11] What exactly does Windows XP end of support mean?
- [8:38] What is risk of continuing to run XP?
- [14:48] What motivates cyber attackers?
- [18:17] What is ransomware?
- [21:48] What are some typical threats users should expect against Windows XP?
- [30:26] What should people do if they’re running Windows XP?
You can watch the full episode here:
For more information on Windows XP end of support, I encourage you to visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/end-of-support.aspx