Every small business starts with a big dream. To help any company’s accomplishments mirror its ambition, Microsoft is sponsoring National Entrepreneurship Week. Five days of online and in-person events running Feb. 20‒24 are designed for entrepreneurs and business owners, including a Women in Entrepreneurship event in New York City.
Empowering business creators to thrive matters because small businesses play a crucial role in America’s economic success. They account for 55 percent of U.S. jobs, according to the Small Business Administration. And America’s 28 million small-business owners and entrepreneurs are at the forefront of innovation, fueling growth and creating jobs.
National Entrepreneurship Week will feature free workshops, content, webcasts, events and more, offered by event supporters including Dun & Bradstreet, LinkedIn, Wix and Yelp.
The Women in Entrepreneurship Panel will highlight the triumphs and tribulations faced by women from all walks of life who run small businesses. Ramon Ray of Smart Hustle Magazine will moderate as women entrepreneurs detail tips on how to get a business off the ground and growing. It takes place Thursday, Feb. 23, 6‒8 p.m. ET, at the Microsoft Store (677 5th Ave., New York, NY 10022). The event is free but seating is limited, so RSVP now.
Also live in New York (and live on Facebook), Microsoft’s Cindy Bates — who leads the Small and Midsized Business and Distribution group — will discuss how modern technology can transform your small business. She will advise on best practices for launching a brand and outline the latest affordable tech tools for connecting with customers. RSVP now for Bates’ presentation on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 6‒8 p.m. ET at the Wix Lounge (235 West 23rd St.).
Here are additional in-person and online events and content to experience throughout the week. Visit the Microsoft Small and Midsize Business Blog for details:
- Ongoing: Microsoft Store events
- Monday, Feb. 20: Twitter chat using hashtag #WININBIZ
- Tuesday, Feb. 21: Visit the Microsoft SMB Blog for “Made in the USA” content; watch the event kickoff; join the Facebook Live interview with Microsoft’s Cindy Bates in New York
- Wednesday, Feb. 22: Visit the Microsoft SMB Blog for content on “youthpreneurs”; see a free webinar; watch a free online demo
- Thursday, Feb. 23: Visit the Microsoft SMB Blog for content on “boomerprenuers”; see a free webcast about small-business makeovers; attend the Women in Entrepreneurship Panel in New York
- Friday, Feb. 24: Visit the Microsoft SMB Blog for content on innovation; watch a CreativeLive webcast
To boot, many National Entrepreneurship Week supporters are offering specials and discounts to boost your business productivity. For example, Microsoft is offering 10 percent off select Surface and Windows 10 Pro devices. To find out more, visit your local Microsoft Store from Feb. 20‒26.
We look forward to engaging further and learning more about how these activities help small-business owners accelerate their success.
Tags: #WININBIZ, Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, Microsoft New York, Microsoft U.S. Small and Midsize Business Blog, National Entrepreneurship Week, New York, NYC, Small Business Administration, Surface, Windows 10