“Out of office” August is over and September is overflowing with civic tech events. Here’s what we’re up to this month. Come say hi, and let us know about any events we’ve missed.
- 9/3: BetaTalk – The future of New York State’s Open Government with BetaNYC.
- 9/4: Black Girls CODE’s New York Volunteer Meetup.
- 9/9: September’s New York Tech Meetup.
- 9/10: Improve NYC streets and bike lanes with OpenStreetMap.
- 9/15 – 19: New York City Maker Week kicks off with a 5-borough tour organized by New York’s Next Top Makers (“You can make it here”). We’re proud to support this year’s Next Top Makers, and will be hosting the Manhattan stop of the tour in our offices.
- 9/16: NYC’s BigApps 2014 concludes with an awards ceremony to recognize the apps that empower citizens to solve problems with big ideas.
- 9/17-18: MakerCon comes to New York!
- 9/20-21: Maker Faire comes to Queens’s New York Hall of Science, site of the 1964 World Fair.
- 9/21-23: We leave New York and head to the Left Coast to join friends and colleagues at the Code for America Summit. Microsoft is thrilled to be a Capstone sponsor of the event. And whether you’re going or can’t make the trip, we’re also organizing a local meetup to share highlights once everyone’s back in town (details TBA).
- 9/29-30: On our way back from the Left Coast, we’ll be stopping by the Global Cities Kick-Off at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD to brainstorm new Internet of Things solutions for New York City.
See you out there!
Tags: BetaNYC, BetaTalk, BigApps 2014, bikes, Black Girls CODE, Civic Tech, Code for America Summit, Global Cities Kick-Off, Internet of Things, Maker Faire, MakerCon, Manhattan, Meetup, Microsoft, Microsoft New York, National Institute of Standards and Technology, New York, New York City Maker Week, New York Hall of Science, New York Tech Meetup, New York’s Next Top Makers, NYC, OpenStreetMap, Queens, streets