While social media began as a way for friends to connect online, its uses have transcended far beyond that original intent. Social media has become a tool for activists, reporters, and unheard populations to connect together and spark new change. And with it, new media has developed on the digital and social spheres to rapidly transform the way civic initiatives take place.
- Moderator – Asma Khalid, Political Reporter at WBUR
- Eric Gordon – Associate Professor in the Department of Visual and Media Arts at Emerson College
- Abby Kiesla — Director of Impact at CIRCLE
- Jason Tuohey — Deputy Managing Editor, Audience Engagement, Boston Globe
- Robert McClure – Co-founder and Executive Director at Investigate West
Miss the conversation? We’ve gathered some highlights from last night’s event on Twitter Moments to keep you up to speed. Join us at our next event this summer!
Tags: #civictechbos, Abby Kiesla, Asma Khalid, Boston Globe, Conversations in Civic Innovation, Emerson College, Eric Gordon, Investigate West, Jason Tuohey, microsoft, Microsoft New England, New England, Robert McClure, Venture Cafe, wbur