Developers and architects, this one’s for you! Please join us on Oct. 4 for an exciting (and free), one-day event that’s focused 100 percent on you: Beyond //build. We’ll be diving into some of the most talked-about topics from //build, discussing cool, new technology developments, and revealing what’s next for Microsoft and cloud developers.
You’ll have a chance to go deep into a range of topics, like how to build on Microsoft’s 20-plus years of AI development to create more intuitive and engaging user experiences with Microsoft Cognitive Services, Cortana and conversational bots. You can learn how DevOps can transform your development practices and help you deliver innovative applications faster.
John Montgomery, Partner Director of Program Management for Microsoft’s visual studio team will keynote the event. As an attendee, you will also have the opportunity to hear from some of Microsoft’s top technology architects and developer experience experts who will guide you through sessions in your choice of three tracks:
Next Generation Client Experiences
Timothy Baggs, technology architect from Microsoft’s Technology Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is an expert in app development in speech, gesture, cognitive intelligence, cloud and the internet of things. He’ll share data, insights and advice around how to:
- Create more personal experiences using conversational bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework and Bot Builder. Learn how to build a bot with your existing code, generate conversational dialogs from scratch and give your bot skills with natural language processing and deep learning technology. Walk away with tools to build a great bot that can connect with users, wherever they are.
- Build universal apps that can run on XBOX, Windows and HoloLens. Dive into the Universal App Model and see examples of code running across various devices including laptop, phone and an IoT device. As a bonus, we’ll show how you can use the Microsoft Band to extend your application experience to your user’s wrist. And who knows what other toys might make an appearance?
- Push the limits of Cortana to support a wide range of new user engagement models. Stretch the bonds of what’s possible with Cortana by looking at how Microsoft Cognitive Services and machine learning can expand Cortana’s understanding of the world. This session will be technology- and demo-heavy, so make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full and upright position!
The Power of Azure
Rich Ross, a solution architect and technical solutions professional with the Microsoft Philadelphia office, brings his expertise from more than two decades of experience leading cross-functional, global teams through the complete system development cycle to show how you can:
- Develop HyperScale web and mobile applications with Azure App Service. Learn some key steps to make sure your app truly scales, from simply making sure your app is stateless, through fine-tuning App Service to optimize for scale and leveraging services across Azure to scale. Up your game with best practices guidance based on real projects deployed on App Service.
- Create smarter and more engaging experiences using Microsoft Cognitive Services. Bring the knowledge of the web right into the experience, while interacting with users in a natural way and across multiple languages. Explore service-encompassing technologies like computer vision, face recognition, speech processing and how to integrate those services into your web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Build and operate always-on, scalable, distributed applications using Azure Service Fabric. Learn how to build highly available, low-latency applications using a microservices approach that can be deployed into Service Fabric clusters running in different environments, including Microsoft Azure, on-premises with Windows Server or other clouds. You’ll come away with a deeper understanding of how this microservices platform enables you to build and manage applications at scale, and you’ll be ready to get started using the built-in programming models.
Chris Bowen, senior developer technology specialist for Visual Studio and Azure in Microsoft’s Developer Experience (DX) group, is an architect and developer with more than 20 years of tech industry experience. He’ll draw from his extensive DevOps expertise to help you:
- Discover the DevOps culture and how these tools and practices make development teams more productive. In a rapidly evolving world that is defined by the velocity of its deliveries, DevOps is now becoming a quintessential requirement for every organization. Learn about the benefits of a DevOps culture and how it breaks down the barriers and conflicting priorities that often exist between development and operations teams. Learn how, by working together, we can deliver systems into production more often, with increased quality and more effective management and support.
- Learn how to use DevOps to get innovative applications into users’ hands faster. Get started along the path to a DevOps Nirvana. This demo-heavy session will use Team Services and Azure as a backdrop to show how DevOps can help your teams realize value faster than ever before.
- See how DevOps enables you to deliver high-quality, modern applications again and again. Learn how PowerShell, PowerShell DSC, Azure ARM Templates and Team Services are used to dynamically create environments, deploy to those environments and test the solution. Once in production, see how to leverage Application Insights to complete the DevOps story and drive production feedback into the backlog. This will be a deep dive, so bring your scuba gear!
Register here for the Microsoft New England Beyond //build event.
Oct. 4, 2016
8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. EDT
Microsoft Office – Burlington
5 Wayside Road
Burlington, Mass. 01803
We hope to see you in October!
Tags: AI, azure, Azure App Service, Beyond //build, Build, Burlington MA, Chris Bowen, Cortana, HyperScale, John Montgomery, microsoft, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Build, Microsoft Cognitive Services, Microsoft Developer Experience, Microsoft New England, New England, Rich Ross, Timothy Baggs