Microsoft New England is excited to be supporting HUBWeek 2015: the inaugural technology, arts and science showcase in Boston, MA. Founded and initiated by The Boston Globe, MIT, MGH and Harvard University, HUBWeek will bring together a myriad of leaders in the civic tech ecosystem for interactive workshops, lectures, demonstrations and networking sessions.
There are so many fantastic events, but we’d like to highlight a few that demonstrate innovation within government to encourage new ways of approaching traditionally stagnant problems:
1. MA STEM Connect on October 5th 9AM – 5PM
Session on infusing the STEM field with students as the future of economic growth in the Commonwealth is dependent on filling science, technology and engineering jobs.
2. US Conference of Mayors Community Development & Housing Committee Town Hall on October 7th 7:45PM – 9PM
Town hall discussion at Roxbury Community College, where mayors from across the country will talk about what is being done to connect people with the economic opportunities they and their families need to be financially independent.
3. Inside Kendall Square: Women in Tech Story Slam on October 8th 4PM – 6PM
Featured speakers include:
– Julia Austin, Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Harvard Business School
– Cynthia Breazeal, Founder and Chief Scientist at JIBO
– Laura Fitton, Inbound Marketing Evangelist at HubSpot
– Sheela Subramanian, VP of International Operations at JANA
– C.A. Webb, VC Partner at Assemble
– Daphne Zohar, CEO at PureTech
4. Our Convention on October 9th 1PM – 6PM
During Our Convention, delegates will form smaller teams to collaborate and rapid prototype solutions (policy, product, service, etc.) focused on different local issues (transportation improvements, housing affordability, etc.) facing Greater Boston.
5. #Tech4Democracy on October 9th 5PM – 7PM
The #Tech4Democracy Showcase and Challenge will bring together the local civic tech community and anyone with an interest in learning more about civic tech–from those curious about how these technologies can benefit them to public officials looking to bring new technology to their work.
As HUBWeek 2015 begins to take shape in the upcoming weeks, we at Microsoft New England are anxious to share our enthusiasm for civic technology with the Greater Boston Community. See you there!
Tags: #Tech4Democracy, Assemble, C.A. Webb, Cynthia Breazeal, Daphne Zohar, Harvard Business School, HubSpot, Hubweek, JANA, JIBO, Julia Austin, kendall square, Laura Fitton, MA STEM Connect, Microsoft New England, Our Convention, PureTech, Sheela Subramanian, Tech 4 Democracy