Motion tracking technology allows the position of real world objects, including you, to be represented in virtual worlds. Precisely registering the position and orientation of your head, body, limbs and even fingers gives you a sense of self called proprioception that is key to making your mind believe that your body is present in another place. Motion tracking is also key for VR because it allows one to naturally move through and interact with virtual worlds in the same manner that you do in the real world. This month, Boston VR Meetup focuses on healthcare applications for precise tracking technology for training surgeons.
- The paradox of good development: more people and less traffic: 20 years of the Kendall Square Annual Traffic Report
- It’s obvious that more and more people are choosing to get around by pedaling – but how many more? The new Eco Totem will provide real-time data, 24/7
- Bike to the Future: what’s envisioned for making our streets available to all: The Cambridge Bicycle Network Plan & some highlights for Kendall Square
- Kendall Square Eco District and Transportation
- Update on Kendall Square Mobility Task Force
The format will include a brief presentation with a question and answer period to follow.
GA + ONEin3 Present: Creating a Culture of Innovation – How Boston’s Biggest Brands Are Staying Entrepreneurial
Thursday, May 28: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
@ GA Boston | 51 Melcher Street | Boston, MA
Twitter: @GA_boston | @ONEin3
Some of Boston’s biggest companies are playing in the innovation space and making some big waves. Working for an entrepreneurial and creative organization doesn’t have to mean working for a startup – many large institutions value new ideas and are doing cool things right here in Boston.
Learn from the people inside these institutions who are leading the charge and pick up some tips on cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset in your career.
Join in for an interactive panel discussion with plenty of time for networking over drinks with fellow young leaders in Boston.
The Open Data Science Conference brings together the most influential practitioners, innovators, and thought leaders in the open source and data science fields in an effort to encourage the development and use of open source in data science.
Tags: #odsc, Brands, cambridge, entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship, GA, General Assembly, Gesmer Updegrove, Healthcare, innovation, JustJump Marketing, kendall square, Kendall Square Association, KSA, Medical VR, meetup, Motion Tracking, Onein3, Open Data Sci Con, Polhemus