Fall is officially here! And with the changing leaves and cooler temps comes our biggest season for events here at Microsoft New England.
Here are three not to miss this week:
1) The Virtualization User Group November Meeting
Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
The Virtualization group meeting, providing the user community an opportunity to learn about new technologies and other virtualization topics of interest.
Presentations by vendors who provide details and background on different areas e.g. Storage with virtualization, Hyper-V, Cloud Computing etc.
2) Edtech Pitch Night
Wednesday, November 12, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Twitter: @LearnLaunch @YEPBoston
LearnLaunch Institute and YEP-Boston are excited to co-host an Edtech Pitch Night! Six early stage edtech startups will have the chance to pitch their products to a live audience. A panel of judges will offer the companies feedback and vote on the best pitch. The audience will also get to participate by voting for a crowd favorite. There will be plenty of time to mingle with the edtech community as well as the companies that are pitching.
3) Path of Professorship
Friday November 14, 1:00pm – 7:30pm – Saturday November 15, 8:00am – 5:00pm
This workshop is for graduate and postdoctoral women at MIT who are considering a tenure-track position in the fields of science, engineering, and technology. The one-and-a-half day workshop focuses on skills, strategies, and “insider information” necessary to obtain a tenure-track position, to succeed in one, and advance to other positions of leadership. This is also an opportunity to network and meet peers.
- Key strategies for applying and interviewing for academic positions
- The importance of networking and how to manage networking with peers and superiors
- Insights from deans and department chairs about what to negotiate for once you have the offer
- Advice from faculty on things you can do now and during your hire to make your tenure-track years as smooth and successful as possible
- Characteristics of different types of universities
- Advice on balancing work and life in the 24/7 world of academia
Example Event Agenda from 2013: http://odge.mit.edu/development/pop/rogram/
Tags: Boston, cambridge, Cloud computing, edtech, Edtech Pitch Night, educationt, engineering, Events, Learn Launch, microsoft, Microsoft New England, MIT, Nutanix, Path of Professorship, science, technology, The Virtualization User Group November Meeting, Virtualization Group Boston, women at MIT, YEP Boston