Sunday’s Xbox E3 Briefing was the largest in Microsoft’s history with more than 6,000 people, including more than 1,000 fans, invited to attend at the Microsoft Theater. Microsoft announced it is doubling its game development studios and showcased a record 52 games on stage, including 18 console launch exclusives and 15 world premieres.
“There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the gaming industry, with creators large and small showcasing incredible new games for the more than two billion players around the world,” said Phil Spencer, head of Gaming at Microsoft. “At Microsoft, we are committed to empowering gamers to play the games they want, with the people they want, where they want.”
Investing in Development of Original Content
Microsoft announced it is doubling its game development studios by adding five new creative teams to the Microsoft Studios family. New investments include the formation of a brand-new studio The Initiative, the acquisition of Playground Games, and letters of intent to acquire Ninja Theory, Undead Labs and Compulsion Games.
The addition of these creative teams reinforces Microsoft’s vision for gaming, which starts with a deep commitment to original content. The company is developing a portfolio of games on every device, including newly announced Microsoft Studios games.
Access to your Favorite Games Faster and Better than Ever
Microsoft announced several new titles joining the Xbox Game Pass catalog this year, including Forza Horizon 4, Fallout 4, Tom Clancy’s The Division and The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, as well as several new ID@Xbox games being added on their release date. Microsoft also introduced new innovations to push digital gaming forward, including FastStart, an innovation from Microsoft’s Machine Learning Team, and plans from Microsoft’s Gaming Cloud Team to develop a game streaming service to unlock console-quality gaming on any device.
Best Place to Play Original, Blockbuster and Independent Games
Xbox One continues to be the best place to play the biggest blockbuster games with over 220 titles enhanced for Xbox One X, the world’s most powerful console, with new games leveraging the power of the platform from some of the world’s most talented creators like:
- Battlefield V (Electronic Arts)
- Black Desert (Pearl Abyss)
- Crackdown 3 (Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive)
- Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course (Studio MDHR)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt RED)
- Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom)
- Dying Light 2 (Techland)
- Fallout 76 (Bethesda Game Studios)
- Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere)
- Gears 5 (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere)
- Gears POP! (iOS and Android Exclusive – World Premiere)
- Gears Tactics (Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere)
- Halo Infinite (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere)
- Jump Force (Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc)
- Just Cause 4 (Square Enix)
- Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix)
- Metro Exodus (Deep Silver)
- Nier: Automata Become As Gods Edition (Square Enix)
- Ori and The Will Of The Wisps (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive)
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (Console Launch Exclusive)
- Sea Of Thieves (Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Activision)
- Session (Crea-Ture Studios)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc)
- The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (Square Enix)
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 (Ubisoft)
- Tunic (Finji)
- We Happy Few (Compulsion Games, Gearbox Publishing)
Biggest Xbox Sale of the Year Happening Now
Microsoft also announced its Biggest Xbox Sale of the Year where gamers can find discounts on hundreds of games, accessories, Xbox Game Pass and Live Gold subscriptions, plus $50 off ANY Xbox One. For more information, visit Xbox Wire.
Watch E3 Live Streaming on Mixer
For additional news, highlights, exclusive reveals and a behind-the-scenes look at some of your favorite games throughout the week of E3, watch Inside Xbox: Live @ E3 on Monday, June 11 at 3 p.m. PDT and tune in to live streaming on Mixer Tuesday, June 12 and Wednesday, June 13.
Tags: Console, E3, Entertainment., Games, Gaming, Gaming industry, Halo, Latinos in gaming, Microsoft Contigo, Microsoft Latinx, Microsoft Studios, Original content, Sale, Videogames, Xbox, Xbox E3, Xbox E3 Briefing, Xbox One