During Microsoft Convergence 2015, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella announced the Azure IoT Suite – the integrated offering uses Azure capabilities to connect devices and other “things,” capture and integrate the data they generate, and analyze and present it as usable information. By simplifying the complexities of implementing solutions, it’s one more way we’re working to make IoT real for businesses, more quickly, affordably and easily.
Since then, we’ve shared examples that underscore not only the potential benefits of IoT, but also its flexibility in scale and application – such as last week’s industrial automation event in Germany, Hannover Messe, where KUKA’s groundbreaking intelligent robot was shown, as was Fujitsu’s IoT innovation for farming. That same week, across the ocean in Chicago, a major healthcare event, HIMSS15, was drawing attention to cutting-edge IoT remote-monitoring solutions that can have a remarkable, positive impact on patients’ experiences and outcomes.
For developers, The Internet of Things (IoT) is equally putting powerful technologies into their hands to help create game-changing solutions at breakneck speed. Next week’s Microsoft Build Developer Conference in San Francisco will bring our vision for IoT to the thousands of developers who are gathering to network, see demos and receive deep training, so they can take advantage of the major advances across our platforms, from Azure IoT services, to Windows 10 and beyond.
Our IoT team will be hosting multiple sessions to give developers insight and information into several aspects of building solutions with Azure IoT services. Here’s a preview of sessions occurring during Build:
- Create the Internet of Your Things: The Microsoft Vision for IoT. Sam George, Microsoft’s partner director for Azure IoT, and Steve Teixeira, Microsoft’s director of program management for IoT in the Operating Systems Group, lead this session to introduce developers to Microsoft’s unique vision for IoT, and provide information about the technologies and services Microsoft offers to help them build IoT solutions.
- The Microsoft Architecture for the Internet of Things. Kevin Miller, Microsoft’s principal program manager for Azure IoT, will provide a deeper overview of Azure IoT services, and offer more about what Microsoft is doing in this space to innovate around the business challenges of IoT solution development.
- Connecting Your Devices to the Azure IoT Suite. Elio Damaggio, Microsoft’s senior program manager for Azure IoT, shows developers how to use the Azure IoT Suite to connect devices, capture the data generated, integrate and orchestrate the flow of that data, and manage, analyze and present it as usable information. This session will be offered on-demand.
- IoT Security Fundamentals. Clemens Vasters, Microsoft’s principal architect for Azure IoT, will discuss why IoT requires new thinking about security. This session will cover IoT security fundamentals and best practices for securing your IoT solutions.
- Designing and sizing a global scale telemetry platform on Azure Event Hubs. Dan Rosanova, Microsoft’s senior program manager for Azure IoT, leads this on-demand session, explaining how to build a global-scale telemetry pipeline on Azure Event Hubs that can handle billions of events per day.