While most holiday sales have petered out, the weekly Red Stripe Deals keep going strong, with at least 50 percent off a dozen apps and games for Windows Phone, PCs and tablets.
Score a slam dunk with “NBA JAM” (99 cents, usually $2.99), which gives you the choice of favorite stars from all 30 NBA teams to play this particularly over-the-top version of 2-on-2 arcade basketball, featuring the voice of Tim Kitzrow (the original “NBA JAM” play-by-play announcer), who utters classic catchphrases like “Boomshakalaka!” as well as new ones. Unlock Xbox Live achievements to earn cheats and legendary NBA players.
The biggest savings of the week is “Spirit of Wandering – The Legend HD (Full)” ($1.49, usually $6.99), a hidden-object quest that pairs you with the pirate captain to rescue her missing love after an attack by the Flying Dutchman and remove a curse that traps those in the spirit world.
And for those who want to kick off the new year by spending more time in the kitchen, How to Cook Everything ($4.99 in the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store, usually $9.99) has 2,000 recipes and 400 how-to illustrations. Based on the bestselling cookbook by New York Times columnist Mark Bittman, the app makes it easy to browse recipes, find inspiration with curated sections and stay on track with built-in timers.
Other titles on sale through Jan. 15:
- “Disney Fairies Hidden Treasures” ($2.49, usually $4.99)
- “Riptide GP2” (99 cents in the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store, usually $2.99)
- Share to Speech ($1.99 in the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store, usually $4.99)
- “BADLAND” ($1.99, usually $3.99)
- Files&Folders Pro ($1.99 in the Windows Phone Store, usually $3.99; and $3.99 in the Windows Store, usually $7.99)
Find the Red Stripe Deals collection in the Windows Phone Store and in the Windows Store Collections.
Microsoft News Center Staff