How can we transform government?
That’s the main question behind Code for America’s mission. Across the country, government workers are banding together to use technology to better their civic practices and keep our communities strong.
That’s why we’re excited to join Code for America (CfA) for their annual summit in Oakland. The 2015 CfA Summit brings together some of the nation’s top leaders in government, civic technology, community organizing, design and more in a chance to share ideas, inspire others, and work together to make great things. And we’re lucky to have one of our own names, Adam Hecktman, leading a panel on data visualization.
We want you to join us in the spirit of CfA summit — as Annmarie Levins mentioned in her call for action to make the most of Open Government Data, we want to collaborate on new ideas with as many people as possible. Let’s use our skills and passion to empower communities.
Local speakers include:
- Rose Afriyie, Co-founder and Project Manager, mRelief
- Genevieve Nielsen, Co-founder and CTO, mRelief
- Derek Eder, Founder and Partner, DataMade
- Cathy Deng, Developer, DataMade
- Demond Drummer, Founder, CoderSpace
- Adam Hecktman, Director of Tech & Civic Innovation for Chicago, Microsoft
- Maggie King, Program Director, Computational Analysis and Public Policy, University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy
- Denise Linn, Program Analyst, Smart Chicago Collaborative
- Sonja Marziano, Project Coordinator, SmartChicago Collaborative
- Claire Micklin, Interaction Designer, University of Chicago
- Steven Vance, Transportation Reporter, Streetsblog Chicago
There is still time to register for the summit! Buy your ticket now at this link.
Can’t join us in Oakland? Participate in the conversation online by following @codeforamerica, @MSFTChicago, and #CfASummit on Twitter.
Together, we can transform government for the 21st Century.
Tags: #CfASummit, Adam Hecktman, Annmarie Levins, Cathy Deng, CfA, CfA Summit, Civic Tech, Civic Technology, Claire Micklin, Code for America, Code for America Summit, CoderSpace, DataMade, Demond Drummer, Denise Linn, Derek Eder, Genevieve Nielsen, Maggie King, mRelief, Open Government, Rose Afriyie, SmartChicago, SmartChicago Collaborative, Sonja Marziano, Steven Vance, Streetsblog Chicago, UChicago, University of Chicago, University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy