One of the things I check fairly regularly is the videos that various Microsoft teams post to YouTube.
Over the last year there have been a ton of videos so I started to collect some of them in to a ‘reel’ that combined some many of my favorites and also aimed to tell some of the story of an epic year for the company. Microsoft’s News Center published a video last week that’s A Year of Microsoft Milestones which is well worth a look as it truly chronicles the major milestones of 2012 for the company. What I’ve curated here is more of a personal “greatest hits of Microsoft on YouTube”. I don’t expect anyone to view the full 33 minutes 45 seconds of videos but I thought it’d be a fun way to look at the year.
Collectively the videos here have amassed almost 20 million views and though there are some well known ones in there – such as my personal favorite, the Surface by Microsoft video – there are some hidden gems that deserve more views. Notable in this category in my opinion are Dance Central 3 TV Commercial featuring Usher, The New Entertainment Experience From Xbox and the brilliant Reignite Your Passion from Microsoft Dynamics.
Here is the full lineup of videos – any I missed that you would include?
- Microsoft unveils a new look
- Bing Originals: Search Goes Social
- Windows 8 Release Preview
- Welcome to Internet Explorer 10
- Introducing the new SkyDrive
- Outlook.com – Clean, Clutter-Free Inbox
- Windows 8 is Coming Soon
- Windows 8 Launch: New York
- Windows 8: Artist
- Windows 8: Cliffjumpers
- Windows 8: Now, Now
- Introducing Skype for Windows 8
- Surface by Microsoft
- Microsoft Surface Street Art time lapse
- Surface is here
- The Surface Movement Commercial
- Learn more about Surface
- Meet the new Windows Phone: Reinvented Around You
- Meet Steve Ballmer. See his Windows Phone
- Meet Jessica Alba. See her Kid’s Corner on her Windows Phone
- Meet Gwen Stefani. See her Live Tiles on her Windows Phone
- Skype for Windows Phone 8 has arrived!
- The New Entertainment Experience From Xbox
- Xbox Music Launch Video
- Forza Horizon Official Gameplay Trailer
- Nike+ Kinect Training TV – extended cut
- Official Halo 4 Launch Trailer ‘Scanned’ Long Form
- Dance Central 3 TV Commercial featuring Usher
- Meet your Modern Office
- Reignite Your Passion
*technically there are 33 videos in the reel – I added the Microsoft Unveils a new look at the end as a bookend.