|The Toshiba Satellite P55t with 4K Ultra HD display.|
Toshiba’s new Satellite P55t, available April 22, comes with a super-high resolution 4K Ultra HD display. With 4K technology, display resolution is multiplied by four for much finer and smoother video images.
The laptop, with prices starting at $1,499, is a great choice for creative professionals who not only want to view, but create, content in 4K Ultra HD. Its modern and sleek design features edge-to-edge LCD glass, frameless LED-backlit keyboard and brushed aluminum finish. It will be available April 22 direct from Toshiba.
The P55t’s impressive 15.6-inch display has four times as many pixels as a full HD screen at a “whopping native 3,840-by-2,160 screen resolution with 282 PPI (pixels per inch),” writes Brandon LeBlanc on the Windows Experience Blog.
It also has IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology for wide viewing angles, making it ideal for photographers, cinematographers and graphic designers.
The P55t comes with a fourth-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor, and 1TB of storage – roomy for storing lots of HD content.
|Toshiba Satellite C55.|
Toshiba also announced other laptops, available June 22, including:
· Satellite L Series laptops, affordable “everyday” laptops designed to accommodate work and play. The Satellite L Series will have two models: the 15.6-inch Satellite L55 and 17.3-inch Satellite L75. Pricing starts at $399.
· Satellite C Series laptops, which focus on value and reliability for budget-conscious consumers and families. There are two models: the 15.6-inch Satellite C55 and the 17.3-inch Satellite C75; both come in a textured matte black finish. Pricing starts at $329.99.
· Satellite S Series laptops in brushed aluminum and a thinner design. The 15.6-inch Satellite S55 is up to 29 percent thinner than the previous generation model and weighs 4.6 pounds. Pricing starts at $698.99. The 17.3-inch Satellite S75 is considered a desktop replacement.
· Satellite E series laptops, including the E45 which has Toshiba’s new TruType keyboard that is contoured with raised keys (and optional LED backlighting), and weighs 4.6 pounds. Pricing starts at $649.99, and it’s available only at Best Buy and BestBuy.com.
To learn more, head over to the Windows Experience Blog.
You might also be interested in:
· Microsoft announces sustainable energy partnership with University of Texas, San Antonio
· Taking natural interaction with computers to the next level
· App of the Week: Step up to the high-stakes table with “World Series of Poker: Full House Pro”
Microsoft News Center Staff