|Windows Phone Store and Windows Store download badges|
After all the hard work you put into developing a great app and publishing it, promoting it in the Windows Phone Store will help get it the attention it deserves.
The Windows Phone Developer Blog gives several recommendations for promoting your app once it’s live in the Store:
Social networking: Reach out to friends, family and colleagues via social channels to drive awareness. As you post on your own social channels, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Keep tweets and Facebook posts short
- Tweet more often than posting to Facebook. Too many Facebook posts in too short of a time can be regarded by Facebook as spam, and may lessen your ability to reach people.
- Don’t be afraid to ask people to ”retweet” a tweet.
- Be sure to include your app’s deeplink in whatever social posts you make.
- Remember to reach out via locally popular social channels, such as China’s Sina Weibo.
Use Windows Phone download badges: Your website’s users should be able to see that your app is available for download from the Windows Phone Store (and/or Windows Store). Update your website, marketing materials and advertising with the Windows Phone Store download badge, which has been refreshed with added formats, sizes and color options.
It also might help to know how the Windows Phone Store merchandising team selects apps to be promoted every day in the Windows Phone Stores around the world. The team evaluates apps for overall quality in three areas: functionality, utility and enjoyment. Luckily, the Windows Phone Developer Blog recently took a deep dive into those very areas, so check out that blog post for more insights that will help spread the word about your app.
And, head over to the Windows Phone Developer Blog to get the full rundown on how to use social networking and download badges for promotion purposes.
You might also be interested in:
- Staff App Pick: Fandango for Windows Phone
- Fight as the Incredible Hulk, Iron Man and others with “Marvel Run Jump Smash!” in the Windows Store
- Weekly Windows Phone Store sale includes “Dark Arcana: The Carnival (Full)” and “Carcassonne”
Microsoft News Center Staff