Oracle OpenWorld 2013 kicks off on Monday and Microsoft has several sessions planned to help you understand our latest innovations in the cloud.
The Server and Cloud Blog highlighted a few Microsoft sessions for attendees, including:
· Microsoft and Oracle: Partners in the Enterprise Cloud – Join Corporate Vice President of Windows Server and System Center Program Management Brad Anderson as he showcases how Microsoft and Oracle are working together to help customers embrace cloud computing by improving flexibility and choice while also preserving first class support for mission-critical workloads. 1:30 p.m. PT on Tuesday in Moscone North – Hall D.
· Traversing the Public and Private Cloud with Windows Azure and Windows Server Hyper-V – Attend this session to learn how you can have your cake and eat it too — moving virtual machines from your own data center to the cloud and back. The presentation discusses some of the factors that go into deciding whether to use the cloud for an Oracle Database deployment and what scenarios benefit from a combination deployment across public and private cloud environments. 3:45 p.m. PT on Tuesday in Moscone West – 2010.
· Windows Azure: What’s New in the Microsoft Public Cloud – Get familiar with how you can use Windows Azure like an extension of your own data center by running Oracle software in this public cloud environment. We’ll explore common scenarios where Windows Azure has proven value, and provide guidance for getting the most out of Windows Azure. 10:15 a.m. PT on Wednesday in Moncone South – 250.
Oracle OpenWorld is from Monday to Thursday in San Francisco. Head on over to the Server and Cloud Blog for the rest of this story.
You might also be interested in:
· Microsoft introduces the Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 and Surface accessories
· Microsoft celebrates 1-year anniversary of YouthSpark and launches new programs for year 2
· Start your company’s social journey with this new interactive toolkit from Yammer
Microsoft News Center Staff