Sales of in-app purchase items have increased by more than twenty-fold in the Windows Phone Store over the last six months, according to the Windows Phone Developer Blog.
“Windows Phone apps with the highest in-app revenue share some key characteristics, which we believe could be valuable to you as a set of best practices for implementing in-app purchase,” writes Bernardo Zamora in a blog post.
According to Zamora, some of those key characteristics and best practices include:
· They use in-app purchase to extend or accelerate gameplay, or to unlock highly valuable content.
· They have a high replay value, to give users incentive to spend more time in the app.
· They make it easy to purchase in-app items using custom UI, and they lead the user to the purchase experience at the right time.
· They offer multiple options, at different price points, to appeal to the most number of users.
For the rest of this story, head on over to the Windows Phone Developer Blog.
You might also be interested in:
· The Next Chapter: An open letter from Steve Ballmer and Stephen Elop
· Free in September for Xbox Live Gold members: “Magic 2013” and “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas”
· Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 coming in October
Microsoft News Center Staff