We know that it’s important for developers to have a no-cost setup tooling solution to deploy applications to the various platforms they target.
In Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft partnered with Flexera Software to include InstallShield Limited Edition, a free version of Flexera’s installation development solution, with Visual Studio. While designing Visual Studio 2013, we looked for ways to improve the InstallShield Limited Edition extension for Visual Studio in response to feedback from developers.
According to the Visual Studio Blog, Flexera Software will add several new features in the latest version of InstallShield Limited Edition, including:
· Support for installing x64 applications and services
· Support for installing Windows Services
· Support for distributing the VSTO runtime
· Support for relative paths in project files
For more on this story, head on over to the Visual Studio Blog.
You might also be interested in:
· The security threat landscape is evolving; make sure you evolve with it
· Microsoft Surface commercial availability expands to 17 more markets
· App of the Week: Manage your medical records and track fitness goals with HealthVault for Windows 8 and Windows Phone
Microsoft News Center Staff