Let Xbox Live’s Major Nelson count the ways he’s excited about Xbox One’s online gaming features.
1. Xbox Live multiplayer: The experience is the way we all want it: smart, quick and intuitive. What makes Xbox Live revolutionary on Xbox One? The power, with more than 300,000 servers supercharging Xbox Live. With a wealth of new features and the stable service you need, Xbox Live on Xbox One offers you THE multiplayer experience to game with all your friends.
2. Better matchmaking: No longer will you have to sit and wait for a game to match you with another player. With Smart Match on Xbox One, you put in your match request, then switch over to do email or watch TV or a movie or whatever. When a match is found, Xbox One tells you so you can re-enter the game instantly. Smart Match also matches you with players like yourself, making your multiplayer gaming even more tailored to your game style.
3. Enhanced reputation and enforcement: The Enforcement United program will complement Smart Match’s new reputation system on Xbox One. We’ve updated our proprietary algorithms for monitoring gaming behavior on Xbox Live, expanded scoring elements, engaged our enforcement team and created requirements for games to take reputation into account. This is a great thing for the vast majority of players. As long as other players or the games you play are not negatively reporting you or your actions, you’ll maintain a positive reputation. Ways to weaken your reputation, for example, would be to join a competitive, veteran area and try to disrupt games. We’ve also worked hard to ensure this new system can’t be manipulated.
4. New Achievement system: Xbox One introduces a new kind of Achievement called a Challenge, where players and friends can work to accomplish time-based objectives resulting in winning cool free stuff. Developers can also continue to grow and expand their achievements over time, so you have more opportunities to build up your score without being limited to the achievements on the disk. And note that your Gamerscore will also carry over from Xbox 360.
5. Game DVR, Upload Studio: With Game DVR and Upload Studio, you can create and add epic video clips to share with your Xbox Live friends. With Xbox Live on Xbox One, you now have new ways to record, edit, share and broadcast the best moments from your games. Game DVR lets you record your favorite highlights. You can then use Upload Studio to customize and show off your big victories, including adding your own voiceovers by using Kinect. You’ll have a number of custom skins to choose from to make your clip stand out even more and you’ll have slow motion and other editing tools. It’s your own editing bay for the documentary of your gaming life.
“These are just a FEW of the thing that make gaming great on Xbox One,” Major Nelson says. Head over to his blog to read the full post.
You might also be interested in:
Microsoft News Center Staff