Last week, we announced upcoming bounty programs for vulnerabilities and bugs in Windows 8.1 Preview and Internet Explorer 11 Preview. Well, the previews are out and the gates are open.
According to the Microsoft Security Response Center, hackers, hunters and researchers from across the globe are invited to earn cash payouts on the following bounties:
- Mitigation Bypass Bounty. Up to $100,000 for truly novel exploitation techniques against protections built into Windows 8.1 Preview.
- BlueHat Bonus for Defense. Additionally, Microsoft will pay up to $50,000 for defensive ideas that accompany a qualifying Mitigation Bypass submission.
- Internet Explorer 11 Preview Bug Bounty. Up to $11,000 for critical vulnerabilities that affect IE 11 Preview on Windows 8.1 Preview.
The first two are ongoing, but the Internet Explorer 11 Preview Bug Bounty has a 30-day timeframe, so you might want to start there. And before that, you’ll need to go here to download the Windows 8.1 Preview. Get more info and links to official guidelines in this post on Microsoft’s BlueHat Blog. Happy hunting!
You might also be interested in:
- Windows Azure’s Mobile Services and Web Sites cloud platforms are now widely available
- Get an early look at Internet Explorer 11 when you install the Windows 8.1 Preview
- Xbox One and Xbox 360 games clean up at E3; ‘Titanfall’ gets record nominations
Microsoft News Center Staff