Regulatory compliance and managing security risks are two important challenges facing IT professionals today. From the Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) we talk to, there’s steady interest in hearing more on these topics.
Perhaps not surprisingly, security executives often turn to their peers for information and insights on the challenges they face. Who could be a better source of perspectives and best practices than others working through the same issues?
At Trustworthy Computing, we’re fortunate to have access to some of the best and brightest security minds – including security executives from around the world as well as our own internal experts. To help share that expertise with the broader security community, we’ve recently released two “CISO Perspectives” articles covering Risk and Compliance in the Cloud.
The article on risk discusses identifying and understanding risk, with suggestions on quantifying, measuring and mitigating risk. It includes perspectives from industry leaders including:
- Jerry Pittman, Director, Global Information Security, Cummins Inc.
- Greg Schaffer, Chief Information Security Officer, FIS Global.
- Bret Arsenault, Chief Information Security Officer, Microsoft.
The compliance article discusses location, risk assessment and due diligence – with perspectives from some industry leaders:
- Tom Doughty, Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Prudential Financial.
- Kenneth Haertling, Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Telus Communications.
- John Meakin, Chief Information Security Officer, Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Mark Estberg, Senior Director, Global Foundation Services at Microsoft.
We hope you find these articles helpful and encourage you to share them with your IT colleagues.
For additional real-world insights, advice, and step-by-step tutorials from IT professionals in the security community including Microsoft Most Valued Professionals (MVPs), read more CISO Perspectives at http://aka.ms/cisoperspectives.