Twelve months ago we launched a Windows Phone application that was designed to provide our readers with an easy way to access Microsoft Trustworthy Computing blogs through their Windows Phone devices. Since then, we have received lots of feedback from users on the value it has provided and suggestions for improvements. Today I am pleased to share that a new version of our Trustworthy Computing Blogs Windows Phone application is now available.
The new app is designed to work with our latest technologies, incorporates live tile notifications and includes several visual enhancements. Below is a summary of the enhancements that were made:
- Windows Phone 8 – To keep up with changes in technology, we have updated the application so that it is optimized for Windows Phone 8 users.
- Live Tile Notifications – Several customers expressed the desire to have a notification when a new blog post arrives without having to open the application each time. This new version of the application comes equipped with live tile enabling you to see if any new blog posts have published since you last opened the application.
- Branding – Several visual enhancements were made to improve the visual component including higher resolution graphics for Windows Phone 8 users.
If you do not already have the application and own a Windows Phone then I encourage you to visit the marketplace today and download it at http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=0cdde67e-cbf3-4921-9f0e-fe31bd0cfca6.
If you don’t have a Windows Phone, simply use your favorite RSS reader on your mobile device and plug in any of the RSS feeds below:
- Trustworthy Computing Blog Aggregator – RSS Feed
- Microsoft Security Blog – RSS Feed
- Trustworthy Computing Blog – RSS Feed
We hope you enjoy using the application and encourage you to rate it and provide feedback to our Twitter handle @MSFTSecurity so that we can provide continuous improvements to better meet your needs.