Security standards for cloud computing are of high interest to many organizations around the world eager to adopt cloud services that are implemented and operated using a standards based approach. Cloud providers that choose to leverage existing or emerging security standards help make it easier for potential customers to evaluate and compare the security of cloud services.
Laura Posey, a senior security strategist at Microsoft, works very closely with the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) in helping to advance security standards across the cloud services industry. In this episode of Trustworthy Computing’s Cloud Fundamentals video series I asked Laura to give us an update on what’s been happening with the evolution of cloud security standards. Laura told me “the work that we are doing in the CSA to contribute to best practices continues to influence the ecosystem – it’s a great place and a great collaboration.” Please watch the video to get all of the context.
There are over 20 video segments available in Trustworthy Computing’s Cloud Fundamentals Video Series covering a wide range of security, privacy, and reliability related topics. If you haven’t seen the other videos in this series, please check them out using the links out below:
Cloud Fundamentals Video Series
- Introducing the Cloud Fundamentals Video Series
- Cloud Computing & Business Agility
- Cloud Computing Requires Transparency
- Cloud Transparency as an Element of Trust
- The Benefits of Industry Collaboration to Cloud Computing Security
- Benchmarks and Evaluation Standards for Cloud Computing Security
- Evaluating Different Cloud Service Offerings by Comparing Security Controls
- e-discovery in the Cloud
- Compliance in the Cloud
- Cloud Computing Privacy at Microsoft, Part 1
- Cloud Computing Privacy at Microsoft, Part 2
- The Importance of Secure Development Practices for Cloud Services
- Bring Your Own Device and the Cloud
- Windows Azure & the CSA STAR
- Philippe Courtot and Tim Rains Discuss Cloud Security
- Cloud Security Standards – Are There Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen?
- Interdependencies Among Cloud Services and Compliance
- Operational Security versus Secure Development Practices for the Cloud
- Evolving Identity Requirements
- Data Center Security
- Reliability in the Cloud
Please check back on this blog regularly as we continue the Cloud Fundamentals Video Series and explore topics that are important for IT professionals and business decision makers who are interested in cloud security, privacy, and reliability.