If you’ve been following this series then you know I’ve previously written about the importance of security, compliance and privacy in the cloud. Whenever I talk to customers these themes continually come through as important topics when choosing a cloud provider. But I believe customers have an even more basic demand of their cloud vendor; they want a service that is reliable.
Cloud computing raises important considerations for organizations about how reliable their cloud provider is and what measures they have in place to deal with incidents and events that compromise reliability when they occur.
In this episode of the Trustworthy Computing Cloud Fundamentals Video Series, I spoke with David Bills, Microsoft’s Chief Reliability Strategist, about reliability and strategies for dealing with the different types of incidents that may occur. As David states, “incidents will happen – it’s not a question of if, it’s strictly a matter of when” and customers need to be aware of how their cloud provider is prepared to handle these types of situations. Hear more about what David had to say on the topic of reliability and what customers should be thinking about when choosing a cloud vendor in the latest video below:
There are numerous segments available in Trustworthy Computing’s Cloud Fundamentals video series covering a plethora of security and privacy related topics. If you haven’t seen the other videos in this series, please check them out using the links out below:
Cloud Fundamentals Video Series
- Introducing the Cloud Fundamentals Video Series
- Cloud Computing & Business Agility
- Cloud Computing Requires Transparency
- Cloud Transparency as an Element of Trust
- The Benefits of Industry Collaboration to Cloud Computing Security
- Benchmarks and Evaluation Standards for Cloud Computing Security
- Evaluating Different Cloud Service Offerings by Comparing Security Controls
- e-discovery in the Cloud
- Compliance in the Cloud
- Cloud Computing Privacy at Microsoft, Part 1
- Cloud Computing Privacy at Microsoft, Part 2
- The Importance of Secure Development Practices for Cloud Services
- Bring Your Own Device and the Cloud
- Windows Azure & the CSA STAR
- Philippe Courtot and Tim Rains Discuss Cloud Security
- Cloud Security Standards – Are There Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen?
- Interdependencies Among Cloud Services and Compliance
- Operational Security versus Secure Development Practices for the Cloud
- Evolving Identity Requirements
- Data Center Security
Please check back on this blog regularly as we continue the Cloud Fundamentals Video Series and explore topics that are important for IT professionals and business decision makers who are interested in cloud security, privacy, and reliability.