At this point you have likely seen some of our survey data on the improved security, cost savings and time savings associated with cloud security for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs). We’ve shared specific data on SMBs in United States, Singapore, India, Malaysia and Hong Kong. While each region had slightly different numbers, there’s a trend of security benefits stemming from the cloud. Looking at aggregate data from Singapore, India, Malaysia and Hong Kong SMBs makes this trend apparent:
- In a given week, SMBs in Asia that use the cloud spend on average 57% less time managing security than SMBs that don’t use the cloud
- Over the last three years, SMBs in Asia that use the cloud are 3x more likely to have decreased what they spend on managing security as a percentage of overall budget for information technology, compared to SMBs that do not use the cloud
- When asked to choose from a drop down list of specific cloud benefits:
- 54% of SMBs said their business was more secure as a result of moving to the cloud
- 48% said they worried less about the threat of cyber-attack
- 47% said it was easier to integrate systems
For a look at the region-by-region breakdown of this data, please visit the Microsoft Security, Privacy and Online Safety Newsroom.