Last week we shared data that highlights the security benefits small and mid-size businesses (SMBs) in the United States, Singapore and India gain from using the cloud. The benefits these organizations attest to—cost savings, time savings and improved security—are echoed by the experiences of Malaysian SMBs.
Key findings from Malaysia include:
- Over the last three years, SMBs in Malaysia that use the cloud are 2x more likely to have decreased what they spend on managing security as a percentage of overall budget for information technology, compared to SMBs that do not use the cloud
- When asked to choose from a drop down list of specific cloud benefits:
- 56% of SMBs said they spent less time managing security
- 52% said their business was more secure as a result of moving to the cloud
- 46% said they were more confident in their company’s regulatory compliance
- 46% said it was easier to integrate systems
Check back soon for additional data on the cloud security experiences of SMBs in Hong Kong. Please visit the Microsoft Security, Privacy and Online Safety Newsroom for more information.