Earlier this week we shared news around the security benefits small to mid-size businesses (SMBs) gain from using the cloud in both the United States and Singapore. Additional data focusing on SMBs in India shows that improved security, time savings and cost savings are all benefits Indian SMBs using the cloud experience as well.
Consider a few data points:
- In a given week, SMBs in India that use the cloud spend on average 72% less time managing security than SMBs that don’t use the cloud
- Over the last three years, SMBs in India that use the cloud are 6x more likely to have decreased what they spend on managing security as a percentage of overall budget for information technology, compared to SMBs that do not use the cloud
- When asked to choose from a drop down list of specific cloud benefits:
- 64% of SMBs said their business was more secure as a result of moving to the cloud
- 52% said they worried less about the threat of cyber-attack
- 49% said it was easier to integrate systems
Over the next week, we’ll continue to share data on the experiences of SMBs using the cloud in Malaysia and Hong Kong. Please visit the Microsoft Security, Privacy and Online Safety Newsroom for more information.