Last month we told you about predicted Internet security threats for the coming year.
We also told you that the most basic ways to protect yourself were by:
· Turning on your firewall,
· Turning on automatic updates,
· Using updated antivirus software, and
· Using updated antispyware software.
Here are two more ways to protect yourself from social engineering threats, specifically phishing and fraud, which are on the rise.
2. Look for the green address bar, as shown below, when you bank online or when you submit personal or financial data.
About the green address bar
Only sites that meet the highest validation and identity standards qualify for Extended Validation (EV) Certificates.
Internet Explorer 7 visually displays the validation of this certificate with a green address bar.